Monday, January 30, 2012

Future Reference For Album and Music Scoring/Rating/Grading

I'm just going to make a quick post here.  Personally, I like to use a 1-10 scale with decimals to the tenth for scoring and average out the numbers.  So far I'm not sure how Lye wants to grade his.  So upon thinking about this, I thought it might be a good idea to have tags on the posts for the ratings to make good musics easier to find for the readers (assuming we'll get more over time).  Point of this post is to put scoring tags on this post so we can get them lined up in the labels.... just so we can start with some kind of coherent rating system...  Lye if you want to score by a different system, then go ahead and edit this post with them in it (I'm not sure how much more can fit on this post though.  Tagging is 200 characters per post.  If they don't fit, feel free to make a part two post).  I'm going use number's to keep them at the top of the tag list.  I wanted to use the word album but it ended up being too many letters....  I hope some of this made sense....



Scoring 1 -10. 1's, 2's, 3's, 4's, 5's, 6's, 7's, 8's, 9's, 10's

Scoring 1 - 5 "Stars" (doesn't have to say 'star' inside the posts, just whatever. Includes 1/2 'stars' into first number). 1 Star, 2 Stars, 3 Stars, 4 Stars, 5 Stars



note - That didn't quite line up how I though but at least they're at the top of the list I guess....

edit/update: Since Misu and myself both seem to prefer the 1-10 scale, I think I will do away with the star system, mainly because it will make our labels index look a bit less muddled and easier to navigate. Aden, if you absolutely hate the 1-10 system and want to do something else, then I'm sure we can work with that.

1 comment:

  1. 1 to 10 is a good system. i prefer it over 1 to 5. if we get new contributors and they have a different way to rate stuff, i suppose we can find a way to reconcile that.

    ReplyDelete